Tucson Moving Guide Check List
One Month Before your Tucson Move
- Arrange for moving your furniture and personal belongings either by hiring a moving company or renting a truck.
- Accumulate moving supplies such as boxes, tape, rope, and anything else you might need.
- Plan your travel route if you are driving to your new home.
- Some moving expenses are tax deductible, so you should save all moving related expenses including meals, lodging, and gasoline.
- Develop a plan for packing such as packing last the things you use the most.
- Notify the Post Office of your move by using the Change of Address form.
- Notify friends, family, and businesses of your move.
- Notify federal and state taxing authorities or any other government agency needed.
Two Weeks Before Move
- Notify utilities like gas, electric, water, cable TV, and phone companies. Arrange for services at new address.
- Notify long distance phone company and arrange for service at your new address.
- Have your car serviced if you are driving to your new home.
- Recruit people to help you on the moving day.
- Arrange for someone to take care of pets during move.
- Confirm moving company or rental truck arrangements.
- If leaving the city, notify your bank about moving.
One Day Before Move
- Keep moving materials separate so they don’t get packed until you are finished.
- Pick up rental truck if you are doing it yourself.
- Fill up your car with gas and check oil and tires.
- If you have any last minute Tucson moving questions, Call Brenda!
- Try to get a good night’s rest.